The Secret RF Treatment
PRE APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
Must have had prior treatment or consultation.
Please cease using products that contain Glycolic, Salicylic Acid and Retinol A 24 hours prior to your treatment. It is also a good idea to not partake in any alcohol 24 hours prior.
It is best to avoid coffee prior to your treatment as this can heighten your pain receptors. If you wish you may take 2 panadol prior to your appointment.
Advise if there are any changes in your medical history, medications and/or supplements prior to your treatment.
Do not have any treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior (waxing, depilatories etc)
Do not have any Anti-wrinkle injections in the treatment area for 1 week
Do not have any Dermal Filler injections in the treatment area for a few weeks before hand – this timing depends on the filler area, discuss with your injector to get a more accurate time frame.
History of Herpes or cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment (can be obtained from your GP)
Avoid sun exposure 2 weeks prior to your treatment (if you are sunburnt, we may not be able to continue with treatment)
If you are unsure, please contact the clinic.
After your treatment, the treated area may feel warm, tingly, itchy or slightly sensitive for up to 48-72 hours.Note: The length of redness, swelling or sensitivity varies from patient to patient and depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment.To achieve the best results from your treatment:
- Cleanse the treated area on the day of the treatment. Start on Day 2 using cold water and dab or pat lightly with a towel
- Wear makeup for 48 hours. If you do need to wear makeup we recommend Oxygenetix: a medical grade foundation that covers redness and promotes healing (RRP $130.00)
- Have hot showers, baths, saunas for 24 hours
- Scratch or pick the treated area
- Use your usual skincare. Only apply the lotion prescribed to you
- Sunbath or being in direct sun exposure
- Use active ingredients 2-5 days before and after treatment
- Have other treatments in the treated area for 2 weeks
- Use the post care cream 3 times a day for the first 3 days, then daily for the next 4 days
- Apply SPF daily as collagen is forming leave the skin sensitive