Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Treatment
PRE APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
Must have had prior treatment or consultation
Avoid aspirin, NSAIDS, anticoagulant drugs, Gingko Biloba, fish oils, Vitamin A & E and any other essential fatty acids for the week prior to treatment as this affects the blood..
Avoid anti-inflammatories for 2 weeks prior to treatment
Avoid caffeine the morning of treatment
Avoid alcohol 3 days prior
Hydrate before treatment – drink lots of water the morning of treatment
After your treatment, the treated area may feel warm, tingly, itchy, puffy or slightly sensitive and may last up to five days.
Note: The length of redness, bruising or sensitivity varies from patient to patient and depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment.
To achieve the best results from your treatment:
- Do not wash or wet the treated area for a least 4 hours after treatment. A light wash the day after.
- Avoid touching the treated area with your hands to reduce the risk of infection.
- No hot showers, heat exposure or sun for the next 48 hours
- No vigorous exercise for 72 hours
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, too much caffeine for 1 week after treatment.
- Paracetamol is ok to use. Avoid anitinflammatory medications (aspirins and nurofen)
- Avoid using ice
In the rare event of infection or reaction, contact the clinic.
Any questions or concerns, please contact the clinic.