PRE APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
Must have had prior treatment or consultation
Avoid aspirin, NSAIDS, anticoagulant drugs, Gingko Biloba, fish oils, Vitamin A & E and any other essential fatty acids in the week before treatment as it thins the blood and increases risk of bruising.
On the day of treatment, DO NOT use make-up, lotions, creams, serums, tanners, or any other products on the area or areas being treated.
Do not wax, bleach, use depilatory creams (Nair), or have any electrolysis for 4 weeks.
Avoid any chemical peels, needling treatments, facials, laser or microdermabrasion for 2 weeks prior to treatment of the same area.
Avoid unprotected natural and artificial sun exposure of the area to be treated for 2 weeks for best results. A broad-spectrum sunscreen (UVA & UVB) with SPF of 30 or greater is recommended.
Over the next 24 hours, you may experience the following at the injection site:
- Bruising and/or redness. A cool pack can be used for comfort. The Healite II LED Light (in clinic treatment) can assist with bruising and is recommended
- Small lumps at the injection points which will disappear over the next 24-48 hours
- A little discomfort
Over the next 24-48 hours please avoid:
- Physical strain, headfirst movements and sports the day of and the day after treatment
- No alcohol for 24 hours
- Cosmetic therapies
Over the next 2 weeks:
- Avoid saunas, steam baths, icy temperatures or UV radiation by the sun
- Avoid dental procedures
- Filler injections in the same area, microdermabrasion, chemical peels and IPL
- No fractional resurfacing for 4 weeks after the treatment
If you experience any whitening at the injection points or severe pain following treatment, please contact the clinic as soon as possible.