Dermal Filler Treatments
PRE APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
Must have had prior treatment or consultation.
Can not be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Avoid chemical peels, needling treatments, facials, Laser (IPL) and microdermabrasion treatments for 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
No Covid vaccinations or Boosters 2 weeks prior and following treatment.
Avoid dental work 2 weeks prior and following treatment.
No international travel flights booked within 2 weeks of your treatment.
Advise if you are unwell, have cold-sores, facial rashes or are taking antibiotics prior to your treatment.
Avoid aspirin, NSAIDS, anticoagulant drugs, Gingko Biloba, fish oils, Vitamin A & E and any other essential fatty acids in the week prior to treatment (these thin the blood and increase risk of bruising).
Immediately after treatment there will be redness, swelling or tenderness in the treated area. These reactions are often associated with injections and usually resolve within a few days. The initial swelling after treatment may last longer. If symptoms persist or other reactions occur, please contact us by texting through a photo if possible.
Please follow the after-treatment advice recommended by your consultant.
- Apply a cool compress to the treated area for 10 minutes once or twice on the day of treatment (do not apply directly to your skin, wrap compress in a cloth)
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours
- Do not expose the area to intense heat (eg. Solarium, sauna or excessive sun exposure)
- Avoid pressure on treated areas for the first few nights (sleep on back if possible)
- You may take Panadol for pain relief. Avoid anti-inflammatories as these can exacerbate bruising
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours
- Do not use topical AHA’s, Retinols/Vitamin C therapy or oil-based makeup for 24 hours
- Avoid facials, facial waxing, glycolic or AHA peels, IPL and laser or energy-based treatments and microdermabrasion for two weeks after treatment. Please check with us before undergoing other facial treatments within this time
- Applying Hirudoid or Arnica cream (available at your local pharmacy or in clinic) will help with any bruising
- Do not massage the treated area unless instructed by your consultant
If you experience any of the following, please text or email the clinic.
- Excessive swelling, pain, bruising or blotching to the skin around the treated area
- Experience a delayed response of heat and/or pain to the treated area. This may indicate infection.